The Expatriate Experience

Here I blog my summer '06, where I with only one week's preparation went off to a foregin land to work and live.

Friday, May 19, 2006

T minus three days

At writing moment I'm in Vasa, finally done with the last task before I can begin packing. Got to disconnect all my electronics, bag my clothes, dismantle the IKEA furniture and probably do a bunch of other unforseen things. The electronics alone will take serious effort. I'll have to say goodbye to my beloved computer too. But then again we need time apart in this relationship. Plus I'll have that old laptop to cheat with. No games or photoshop though.

Yes, photoshop. Did I mention I'll post lots and lots of pictures of The Expat Experience? I'm a wannabe photographer and got a camera that knows more about the art than I do. Been at it since xmas and I think recently my shots haven't been all bad... That, o
r my subjects grew some tolerance against it.
Post-processing will however be limited to Irfan View on the laptop, so don't expect much quality, kay? My desktop system will however somehow make its way to Sweden sooner or later, and then I should be able to post some pretty pix.

Just to actually have a picture in this blog, any picture, I'll post this one of the building my bro and I have been living in. We've been renting an apartment on the top floor on the left part of the building. You can see the sea from it if you lean out from the balcony.

Can't complain about it. Aside from the rather high rent. We're located very close to anything you could call a CBD in Vasa so the location is nothing short of stellar. But I still refer to our place as a penthouse since it certainly feels as if we're paying for one...

Tomas, AKA Tosse, AKA Ceriel Nosforit, AKA Nos - out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home