The Expatriate Experience

Here I blog my summer '06, where I with only one week's preparation went off to a foregin land to work and live.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Blog-lag

Well, the last batch of images are fairly old and I have been a bit lazy in updating the blog , but I don't have much material to add either...

The last few days have been very warm, and I would not be surprised if the thermometer has reached 30 C more than once. I have become particlarly sensitive to the heat it seems, so I've been rather uncomfortable.
Today however, blissfully, hasn't been as hot. It even rained today and the current temp is a few degrees below 20 and dropping as the sun descends.
Still, I'm perfectly content sitting here without a shirt and the window open. Apparently I have not only become sensitive to the heat, but somehow actually grown resistant to cold.

My economy isn't really all it could be right now, and since my SS number still hasn't arrived yet I can't sign my contract and get paid. I have to, reluctantly, bowrrow a bit more money from my parents.
...Well, I should be overjoyed that I actually CAN borrow money. It's not a thing to be taken for granted.

I intend to pay everything I've borrowed back ASAP and postpone that purchase of the mobile phone I wrote about. The phone is a luxury I don't actually need right now, nor one I'd use to any greater extent, so it's easy to put the whole thing on hold. My parents on the other hand probably do need the money since they recently discovered that the water damage isn't contained to the bathroom, but actually extends to what amounts to half of the house. They've already started tearing up the floor.

I wish I could be there to help... but there's really no practical way for me to do that. I have to sit here on the other side of the pond and send them well-wishes.

Expat out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home