The Expatriate Experience

Here I blog my summer '06, where I with only one week's preparation went off to a foregin land to work and live.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Retro-vision: Day Three

Ah, silence. Finally. I thought I was going to go insane yesterday when for some odd reason people stayed up talking and noisily walking past my door until 0:30 when I was trying to sleep. I finally gave up and ventured out into the Stockholm night in search of an open pharmacy that might have earplugs. There was a lot of people out partying as Thursday, today, is a holliday. It was slightly creepy walking around people making all that noise when I myself was tired as hell.

Eventually I did reach an open pharamacy and bought earplugs, but as I was about to return the subway had closed for an hour or two that night. Incidentally the subway was something else keeping me awake, since it runs maybe 50 meters from my window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home